VSM - Vascular and Endovascular Surgery Munich
Dr. med. Peter Heider
Dr. med. Oliver Wolf
Vascular diseases are an increasing problem in all countries all over the world. As a full-service vascular practice, we are proud to offer comprehensive care for all of your vascular needs. We are dedicated in providing state-of-the-art healthcare service including minimally invasive procedures for the treatment all vascular disorders.
We have a primary focus on prevention, offering patients screening tests for stroke, aortic aneurysm, arterial occlusive disease, venous disorders and all other vascular disorders.
For patients who have symptoms due to a vascular process which requires treatment Vascular and Endovascular Surgery Munich offers the latest in vascular diagnostics and treatment.
We as your vascular surgeons are our patient's primary contact while they are at the Isar Medical Center, and are readily accessible to each patient and his or her family, whether they need more information or want reassurance. Together, the patient, family, and vascular surgeon explore all treatment options available and determine the best treatment for a patient's condition and lifestyle. Our aim is to help the patient manage his or her health and lifestyle to ensure a speedy recovery and a healthy future.
Peter Heider, Oliver Wolf
Vascular Diagnostic Laboratory
As board-certified vascular surgeons we evaluate each patient's condition using non-invasive, state-of-the art tests available in our vascular laboratory. Ultrasound procedures are the most frequently used non-invasive tests. These procedures are painless and risk-free, and most can be performed within an hour.
If necessary, other tests can be performed under the coordinated care of our surgeons. Computed tomography (CT) or Magnetic Resonance Tomography (MRT) scanning is used frequently for aneurysms when ultrasound evaluations are difficult or inconclusive.
Activities of the Vascular Diagnostic Laboratory include diagnosis of:
- peripheral arterial occlusive diseases
- extracranial cerebrovascular diseases
- aneurysm disorders in all regions
- peripheral venous disease and arterio-venous malformations
- arterial and venous assessment for vascular access surgery
- assessement of disorders following vsacular access surgery
Vascular Reconstructive Procedures
We provide endovascular ans surgical procedures for the following diseases:
- Endarterectomy of the carotid arteries.
- Repair of abdominal aortic aneurysms and thoracic aneurysms.
- Repair of peripherial aneurysms (femoral, popliteal and subclavian arteries).
- Endovascular aortic aneurysms repair (EVAR) of infrarenal abdominal aortic aneurysms and descending thoracic aorta aneurysms (TEVAR).
- Aorto-iliac and aortofemoral bypass for aorto-iliac-occlusive-disease.
- Femoro-popliteal and femoro-tibial bypass for lower limb ischaemia.
- Aorto-mesenteric bypass (celiac art. and superior mesenteric art.) for intestinal ischemia.
- Vascular access for dialysis patients and peritoneal dialysis for ESRD (End Stage Renal Disease).
- Correction of Vascular Access to maintain dialysis
- Decompression surgery for thoracic outlet syndrome (TOS).
- Thrombolytic therapy of occluded vessels.
- Endovascular and open surgery of varicose veins.
To request an Appointment at Vascular and Endovascular Surgery Munich, visit www.gefaesschirurgie-muenchen.net and send an email () with your phone number. A representative will make every effort to contact you within one business day.
If you need an appointment within the next few days, call Vascular and Endovascular Surgery Munich at +49-89-149903-7200
Vascular and Endovascular Surgery Munich
Isar Medical Center
Sonnenstraße 24 - 26
80331 Munich, Germany
+49-(0)157-7278 40 90